Τετάρτη 17 Ιουλίου 2013

THE PERSECUTION OF CHRISTIANS - ABOUT THE CHARITY



THE PERSECUTION OF CHRISTIANS

 

JOHN CHAPTER 9
 
VERSE, 24, 25

 
24) Then again called the man that was blind, and said to him. Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner.



25) He answered and said. Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that whereas I was blind, now I see.
 

MATTHEW CHAPTER 26
 
VERSE, 64, 65, 66
 

64)”You have said so.”Jesus replied. “But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”



65) Then the high priest tore his clothes and said. “He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look. Now you have heard the blasphemy.



66) What do you think?

 
PSALM CHAPTER 69
 
VERSE, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 

8) I am a foreigner to my own family, a stranger to my own mother’s children:



9) For zeal for your house consumes me and the insults of those who insults you fall on me.



10) When I weep and fast, I must endure scorn:



11) When I put on sackcloth, people make sport of me.



12) Those who sit at the gate mock me. And I am the song of the drunkards.
 

PHILIPPIANS CHAPTER 2

 
VERSE, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11



5) In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:



6) Who, being in very nature God did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage:



7) Rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant being made in human likeness.



8) And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death even death on a cross!



9) Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name.



10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth.



11) And every tongue acknowledges that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

 
MARK CHAPTER 6
 

VERSE, 22, 23, 24, 25



22) When the daughter of Herodias came in and danced, she pleased Herod and his diner guest. The King said to the girl. “Ask me for anything you want and I’ll give it to you.



23) And he promised her with an oath. Whatever you ask I will give you, up to half my kingdom.”



24) She went out and said to her mother. What shall I ask for? “The head of John the Baptist.” She answered.



25) At once the girl hurried in to the king with the request; “I want you to give me right now the head of John the Baptist on a platter.


 
LUKE CHAPTER 11

 
VERSE, 48, 49, 50, 51

 
48) So you testify that you approve of what your ancestors did; they killed the prophets, and you build their tombs.



49) Because of this, God in his wisdom said, I will send them prophets and apostles, some of whom they will kill and others they will persecute.



50) Therefore this generation will be held responsible for the blood of all the prophets that has been shed since the beginning of the world.



51) From the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the sanctuary? Yes I tell you, this generation will be held responsible for it all.


 
MATTHEW CHAPTER 10

 
VERSE, 36, 37, 38, 39
 

36) A man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.



37) Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.



38) Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.



39) Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

 

1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 4

 
VERSE, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

 
9) For it seems to me that God has put us apostles on display at the end of the procession, like those condemned to die in the arena. We have been made a spectacle to the whole universe, to angels as well as to human beings.



10) We are fools for Christ, but you are so wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are honored, we are dishonored!



11) To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, and we are homeless.



12) We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless: when we are persecuted, we endure it;



13) When we are slandered, we answer kindly. We have become the scum of the earth, the garbage of the world-right up to this moment.
 

2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 11

 
VERSE, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
 

23) Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again.



24) Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one.



25) Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spend a night and a day in the open sea.



26) I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in dangers from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles: in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers.



27) I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep: I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food: I have been cold and naked.

 
JOHN CHAPTER 16

 
VERSE, 1, 2, 3

 
1) All this I have told you so that you will not fall away.



2) They will put you out of the synagogue: in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God.



3) They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me.

 
LUKE CHAPTER 6

 
VERSE, 22, 23

 
22) Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.



23) Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets.

 

LUKE CHAPTER 12

 
VERSE, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9



4) “I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more.



5) But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.



6) Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.



7) Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid: you are worth more than many sparrows.



8) I tell, whoever publicly acknowledges before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God.



9) But whoever disowns me before others will be disowned before the angels of God.

 

REVELATION CHAPTER 2

 
VERSE, 10, 11

 
10) Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown.

 
11) Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches? The one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death.
 

REVELATION CHAPTER 7

 
VERSE, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17

 
13) Then one of the elders asked me. “These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?

 
14) I answered, Sir, you know.” And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation: they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the lamb.

 
PROVERBS CHAPTER 24
 
VERSE 10

 
10) If you falter in a time of trouble, how small is your strength!


              
 ABOUT THE CHARITY

                  2 SAMUEL CHAPTER 9

                     VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

1) David asked. “Is there anyone still left of the house of Saul to whom I can show kindness for Jonathan’s sake?

2) Now there was a servant of Saul’s household named Ziba. They summoned him to appear before David, and the King said to him. “Are you Ziba? “At your service,” he replied.

3) The king asked. “Is there no one still alive from the house of Saul to whom I can show God’s kindness?

Ziba answered the king. “There is still a son of Jonathan: he is lame in both feet.”

4) “Where is he? The king asked. Ziba answered. He is at the house of Makir son of Ammiel in Lo Debar.”

5) So King David had him brought from Lo Debar, from the house of Makir son of Ammiel.

 

                         ACTS CHAPTER 9

                        VERSE, 36, 37, 38

36) In Joppa there was a disciple named Tabitha (in Greek her name is Dorcas): she was always doing good and helping the poor.

37) About that time she became sick and died, and her body was washed and placed in an upstairs room.

38) Lydda was near Joppa; so when the disciples heard that Peter was in Lydda, they sent two men to him and urged him, “Please come at once!”

 

                      ACTS CHAPTER 10

                           VERSE, 4, 5

4) Cornelius stared at him in fear. “What is it, Lord?” he asked. The angel answered, “Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God.

5) Now send men to Joppa to bring back a man named Simon who is called Peter.

 

 

                       ACTS CHAPTER 4

                          VERSE, 32, 33

32) All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possession was their own, but they shared everything they had.

33) With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all.

 

                    MARK CHAPTER 12

                      VERSE, 41, 42, 43

41) Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offering were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts.

42) But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

43) Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said. “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others.

 

                     PSALMS CHAPTER 41

                             VERSE, 1, 2

1) Blessed are those who have regard for the weak; the Lord delivers them in times of trouble.

2) The Lord protects and preserves them—they are counted among the blessed in the land—he does not give them over to the desire of their foes.

 

                       LUKE CHAPTER 8

                           VERSE, 2, 3

2) And also some women who had been cured of evil spirits and diseases: Mary (called Magdalene) from whom seven demons had come out;

3) Joanna the wife of Chuza, the manager of Herod’s household; Susanna; and many others. These women were helping to support them out of their own means.

 

                    PROVERBS CHAPTER 19

                               VERSE 17

17) Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will reward them for what they have done.

 

                     MATTHEW CHAPTER 25

               VERSE, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

34) “Then the king will say to those on his right, Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.

35) For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in.

36) I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.

37) Then the righteous will answer him. Lord when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?

38) When did we see you a stranger and invite you in or needing clothes and clothe you?

39) When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?

40) “The king will reply, Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.

 

                   MALACHI CHAPTER 3

                        VERSE, 8, 9, 10

8) “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. “But you ask. How are we robbing you? “In tithes and offerings.

9) You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me.

10) Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this, says the LORD Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

 

                     1 JOHN CHAPTER 3

                      VERSE, 16, 17, 18

16) This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.

17) If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be that person?

18) Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

 

                         ACTS CHAPTER 8

                           VERSE, 18, 19

18) When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostle’s hands, he offered them money.

19) And said, “Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit”

 

                 DEUTERONOMY CHAPTER 28

                         VERSE, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

2) All these blessing will come on you and accompany you if you obey the LORD your GOD:

3) You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country.

4) The fruit of your womb will be blessed, and the crops of your land and the young of your livestock—the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks

5) Your basked and your kneading trough will be blessed.

6) You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out.

 

                  2 KINGS CHAPTER 4

                       VERSE, 1, 2, 3

1) The wife of a man from the company of the prophets cried out to Elisha. “Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that he revered the Lord. But now his creditor is coming to take my two boys as his slaves.”

2) Elisha replied to her. How can I help you? Tell me, what do you have in your house? “Your servant has nothing there at all,” she said, except a small jar of olive oil.”

3) Elisha said. Go around and ask all your neighbors for empty jars. Don’t ask for just a few.

 

                    1 KINGS CHAPTER 17

                          VERSE, 15, 16

15) She went away and did as Elijah had told her. So there was food every day for Elijah and for the woman and her family.

16) For the jar of flour was not used up and the jug of oil did not run dry, in keeping with the word of the LORD spoken by Elijah.

 

                   PROVERBS CHAPTER 3

                      VERSE, 9, 10, 27, 28

9) Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops;

10) Then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.

27) Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act.

28) Do not say to your neighbor, Come back tomorrow and I’ll give it to you”—when you already have it with you.

 

                 MATTHEW CHAPTER 18

                   VERSE, 28, 29, 30, 31

28) “But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred silver coins. He grabbed him and began to choke him. Pay back what you owe me! He demanded.

29) “His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him. Be patient with me, and I will pay it back.

30) “But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt.

 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου